The Botanical Art Group was formed in July 2003 for members of the Friends of the Adelaide Botanic Gardens with a special interest in botanical art, drawing and painting.
The aim of the group is to promote botanical artists and illustrators, fostering their role and providing a forum for those wishing to pursue this exacting art form.
- There is a wide variety of drawing and painting styles and expertise within this group of artists, from beginners still honing their skills to experienced artists.
- All are happy to share their knowledge and ideas and welcome new members.
- We also run 2 -4 Workshops throughout the year to improve our skills but also to try out new techniques and ideas.
- You can view and purchase our artwork and greeting cards which are on perpetual display in the Gallery room of the North Lodge near the Friends’ Gate.
- The group holds the major exhibition of their work biennially at the National Wine Centre to showcase the excellent work of the past two years. 2021 is an exhibition year.
The Botanic Art Group meets every Saturday from 12 – 4pm. in the Lecture Room of the Goodman Building in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens on Hackney Rd.
Information about this group can also be found on Instagram at framing_nature.adelaide and on Facebook.