The Botanical Art Group was formed in July 2003 for members of the Friends of the Adelaide Botanic Gardens with a special interest in botanical art, drawing and painting.
The aim of the group is to promote botanical artists and illustrators, fostering their role and providing a forum for those wishing to pursue this exacting art form.
- There is a wide variety of drawing and painting styles and expertise within this group of artists, from beginners still honing their skills to experienced artists.
- All are happy to share their knowledge and ideas and welcome new members.
- We also run 2 -4 Workshops throughout the year to improve our skills but also to try out new techniques and ideas.
- You can view and purchase our artwork and greeting cards which are on perpetual display in the Gallery room of the North Lodge near the Friends’ Gate.
- The group holds the major exhibition of their work biennially at the National Wine Centre to showcase the excellent work of the past two years. 2023 is an exhibition year.
The Botanic Art Group meets every Saturday from 12 – 4pm. in the Lecture Room of the Goodman Building in the Adelaide Botanic Gardens on Hackney Rd.
FOR SALE Botanical Artwork & Cards
in North Lodge, Plane Tree Drive
Eastern Spinebill, watercolour, Anne Bishop
We are holding 3 workshops over 2024.
- Stephanie Goss will show how to perfect watercolour images of fruit/veg on 25 and 26 May
- Yukie Sato and Carol Cowles will introduce Japanese Sumi-E ink painting on 13 and 14July
- Veronica Oborn-Jefferis will develop our skills using a mix of techniques on 19 and 20 October.
I you are interested in participating, please contact Anne Bishop at email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about this group contact the FBGA Office email@example.com and also on Instagram and at framing_nature_adelaide Facebook. botanical_art_adelaide