North Lodge is a 1866 cottage by the Friends Gate and has been the home of the Friends since 2000.
For over 130 years North Lodge was continously occupied by the foreman and his family and other garden staff.
Some of the families that lived there were
1895, the foreman William Babidge Gilpin and his family.
1932, Hermann Behrndt and his family.
1951, John Dwight and his family.
1956 saw the arrival of Roy Haskett and his wife.
NORTH LODGE GIFT SHOP Renovated and open 10am - 3pm, Tues - Sunday (closed Mondays)
North Lodge has exciting new products
North Lodge hosts Activities for members